- A proven history of delivering quality projects in both developing and transitional economies;
- Professional excellence with a strong multidisciplinary capacity;
- An emphasis on capacity building, participatory approaches and working with local consultants, institutions and enterprises to ensure that in-country expertise is developed, local solutions are applied, and sustainable results are achieved;
- Identification and inclusion of women’s needs and priorities, as well as those of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups; and
- Language competence in English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish and Portuguese, with sensitivities to gender and cultural issues.