Municipal Services & Enterprise Development
The Municipal Services and Enterprise Development Group focuses its efforts on democracy and governance issues with a major emphasis on local government. Supporting decentralization programs, this group works to strengthen municipal/local level governments, improve service delivery, and promote transparent processes and accountable decision-making.
The group also works to improve economic opportunities through support to local economic and enterprise development in developing and transitional countries. Key areas of expertise include:
- Public sector reform and strategic planning;
- Local government policy and legislation development;
- Administrative and human resource management;
- Improvements to all forms of local service delivery;
- Supporting devolution and decentralization mechanisms;
- Development and implementation of financial management systems;
- Land use planning; and
- Economic and enterprise development.